CFMC Welcomes New Class of Nurse Practitioner Residency Program Participants
CFMC recently welcomed the 2023-2024 Nurse Practitioner Residency Program participants. Candace Dennison, MSN, APRN, FNP-C; Taylor Gibson, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC; Sarah Upchurch, APRN, FNP-C; Sarah Tarter Steele, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC; Matthew H. Savage, APRN, FNP-C; and Chasity Biggerstaff, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, attended an orientation on October 23rd at the CFMC Administration office in Russell Springs. Residents learned more about the organization including services offered, quality assurance, human resources, information technology, and more.
The program is the first Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program in Kentucky and provides intensive training in clinical complexity of family practice.
“The residency program has helped me bridge the gap between student and experience provider. The program places and emphasis on personal mentorship, didactic learning opportunities, and hand-on experience in the clinics serving patients across their lifespan. Being a Nurse Practitioner Resident with CFMC has given me the confidence and skills necessary to provide high quality care to any patient that I encounter,” stated Cassie South Jessie, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, current Residency Program participant.
Special thanks to our Nurse Practitioner Residency Program Mentors who help Nurse Practitioner Residents (licensed APRNs) transition into their new roles by providing feedback and sharing their knowledge and skill sets. In addition to seeing their patients, Mentors collaborate with their assigned Resident throughout the day and provide feedback and learning opportunities to allow the Resident to gain more confidence and competence in practice. Without the Mentors, the Nurse Practitioner Residency Program would not be possible.
Thank you, Mentors, for your commitment to educating the Residents!
CFMC’s 2023-2024 Mentors are listed below:
- Alison Claunch, APRN, First Choice Immediate Care Adair
- Dr. Amber Shadoan, Albany Family Medical Center
- Buffy House, APRN, Women’s Care of Lake Cumberland
- Jamie Blakeman, APRN, Greensburg Family Medical Center
- Jennifer West, APRN, First Choice Immediate Care McCreary
- Dr. Jerry Lawson, Jamestown Healthcare
- John Partin, APRN, Russell Family Medical Center
- Karen Partin, APRN, Greensburg Family Medical Center
- Kelli Nunn, APRN, Greensburg Family Medical Center
- Dr. Kim Eakle, Gamaliel Family Medical Center
- Mary Brooke Skipworth, APRN, Gamaliel Family Medical Center
- Melissa Logsdon, APRN, Munfordville Medical Center
- Miranda Tompkins, APRN, Clinton & Cumberland County Healthy Kids Clinic School-Based Healthcare
- Molly B. O’Neal, DNP, APRN, First Choice Immediate Care Adair
- Pam Bills, APRN, Greensburg Family Medical Center
- Patrick Shepherd, APRN, First Choice Immediate Care McCreary
- Shannon Young, APRN, Russell Family Medical Center
- Sharon Campbell, APRN, Greensburg Family Medical Center
- Dr. Stephanie Jones, Jamestown Healthcare
- Dr. Sherry Jones, Adair Family Medical Center
- Tammy Jennings, APRN, Glasgow Pediatric Healthcare
- Tamra Moss, APRN, Adair Family Medical Center
- Teina Thrasher, APRN, PMHNP-BC, Promise Community Health Center Monticello
To learn more about the Nurse Practitioner Residency Program, please click here