CFMC Providers & Staff Recognized with Quality Measure Awards
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Cumberland Family Medical Center, Inc. must report annually on the status of our work toward meeting various quality measures in our clinics. These reports are submitted as part of our Uniform Data System (UDS) report and reflect our overall patient compliance totals in the following areas: childhood immunizations; cervical cancer screening; breast cancer screening; colorectal cancer screening; hypertension; diabetes; weight assessment and counseling for nutrition and physical activity for children and adolescents; Body Mass Index (BMI) screening and follow-up plan; tobacco use screening and cessation intervention; statin therapy for the prevention of and treatment of cardiovascular disease; Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD) and the use of aspirin or another antiplatelet; depression screening and follow-up plan; and dental sealants for children between 6-9 years of age.
In order to better recognize and celebrate the diligence and hard work needed to meet our clinical goals for quality, CFMC implemented a first-ever Quality Measure Award system for the 2021 reporting period. Although the UDS report is an aggregate total for all our clinics, our new Quality Measure Award looks at each clinic individually and recognizes the clinic who has over the course of the past year worked most diligently to ensure that their patients achieved the healthiest measures possible. We are excited to announce the following high-achieving clinics in recognition of their efforts to provide the best quality of care to their patients. (Please note not all clinics are responsible for meeting all measures).
Quality Incentive Awards were presented to seven family practice sites including:
- Greensburg Family Medical Center met 11 of 12 metrics
- Jamestown Healthcare met 9 of 12 metrics
- Adair Family Medical Center met 8 of 12 metrics
- Danville Internal Medicine met 8 of 12 metrics
- Russell Family Medical Center met 8 of 12 metrics
- Family Care of the Bluegrass Lawrenceburg met 7 of 12 metrics
- Gamaliel Family Medical Center met 7 of 12 metrics
Three pediatric sites were also included in the Quality Incentive Awards:
- Greensburg Family Medical Center- Pediatrics met 2 of 3 metrics
- Russell Family Medical Center- Pediatrics met 2 of 3 metrics
- Somerset Pediatric & Adolescent Associates met 2 of 3 metrics
Three women’s care sites received recognition:
- Women’s Care of Lake Cumberland and Women’s Care of the Commonwealth met 5 of 5 metrics
- Women’s Care of the Bluegrass met 3 of 5 metrics
And two school-based clinic districts received recognition along with oral health:
- Healthy Kids Clinic Russell County met 2 of 4 metrics
- Healthy Kids Clinic Wayne County met 2 of 4 metrics
- Family Dental of Kentucky School-Based Dental Teams met 1 of 1 metric
“Congratulations to all those that received the 2021 UDS Quality Incentive. Thank you for your hard work and dedication in providing the utmost quality of care to the patients you serve,” stated Chantella Burton, RN, BSN, Director of Quality Improvement for CFMC. “Doing well with our UDS Measures is great, but what’s even better is knowing at the end of the day our patients got the absolute best care possible is the real winning ticket,” continued Burton.
As the overall top-quality achieving site, Greensburg Family Medical Center met eleven out of twelve applicable quality measure goals by implementing best practices to help improve their UDS percentages.
Thank you to all our providers and staff for your hard work and commitment to our patients’ health.